Location: Northampton, UK
We are now looking for a Creative Artworker to join our team.
Working 3-5 days a week, you’ll collaborate with our existing creative team artworking an array of print and digital projects, including work for major retailers and big-name brands through our parent agency, Visual Thinking.
We’re looking for someone capable of hitting the ground running, and willing to give their all. With proven experience working in a design studio, you’ll have not only strong artworking skills and a meticulous attention to detail but also a strong spark of creativity and, though experienced, still be willing to learn and absorb from others.
With a related graphics degree or equivalent, you’ll have a good understanding of design (ideally within both a print and digital context) and be a skilled Mac user in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat software packages.
Your duties will include:
- Artworking pages and spreads for documents/presentations, typesetting, remastering logos and brand assets, performing Photoshop image corrections, creating iconography, colour styling, and producing sample layouts for a range of digital and print applications
- Performing final technical checks on artwork to ensure it is suitable for print the process or optimal for digital viewing
- Presenting options for design treatments and submitting creative solutions for approval from the Graphic Designer, Studio Lead or Project Manager
- Proofreading to produce accurate, high-quality work with attention to detail at all times, ensuring all artwork is fully on brand.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop design solutions and articulate and present these to the senior design team members
- Managing client deliverables by participating in effective planning to help drive tasks forward to meet planned deadlines
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies, trends and techniques to support production of contemporary, creative and illustrative imagery.
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Video editing/creation on Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro
- A foundation knowledge in 3D software such as SketchUp
The ability to thrive under pressure and enjoy the process of seeing a project through from start to finish is a must, as are strong organisational and communication skills, and a willingness to listen to and apply constructive feedback. Occasionally you may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so we’re looking with someone with a flexible approach.
The role will be based at our offices in rural Northamptonshire, with the possibility of some homeworking. A full, clean driving license is essential.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.